Strawberry Spinach Salad: Foodie Friday
TGIF y’all! Boy has it been a long week, I am ready for the weekend. This Friday I bring you a super simple salad that is definitely one of my favorites. The sweet and savory combo hits the spot and you can have this meal ready to go in no time at all. Just what I like on a Friday night.
Strawberry Spinach Salad: What you will Need
This recipe calls for very minimal ingredients and you can add or subtract as you fancy.
- Spinach ( Organic Baby is my preference)
- Strawberries (Organic as usual especially berries) If you don’t care for strawberries you can try blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or a combo of all the above. You can also sub for apples, pears, or peaches. If you are in a big pinch add in dried fruit of your choice
- Pecans you could also sub almonds, or walnuts. if you have a nut allergy sunflower seeds work wonderfully
- red onion
- cooked chicken breast. You can also sub in a rotisserie chicken for quick prep
- goat cheese
- Add olive oil and vinegar vinaigrette. You can also sub in balsamic, poppy seed dressing, or homemade.
Strawberry Spinach Salad: Directions
- Start by breaking up your spinach into smaller pieces if you desire. This is not necessary but we prefer our leaves more bite sized.
- Wash and slice your berries use as few or little as your desire
- Dice about a fourth to one half of red onion
- Add in your cooked chicken I use around a pound for four servings
- Add in around four ounces or a cup of pecans
- Add in four ounces of goat cheese
- Combine all of these ingredients
- Add dressing of your choice.
Strawberry Spinach Salad: Dressing Options
Below are a few of my favorite go to premixed dressings that can be found at most local grocery stores or on amazon. I like that they do not contain high fructose corn syrup, are made with olive oil, and have very little ingredients. You absolutely can mix a dressing with one part vinegar to two or three parts oil and add in spices of your liking.
It is World breastfeeding week and in honor of that I would love for you to check out my previous blog post on breastfeeding here.
Whats up Wingo:
This past weekend I was able to get the master closet organized and am super pleased. During all of that organization I found and purchased this mirrored jewelry organizer. It was just delivered from amazon and I can’t wait to get it put in the master closet. If you missed my previous post this week about vitamin d and how important it is click the link here. I also posted a picture of our sloppy Joe sweet potato to Instagram it was a big hit! Make sure you are also following me on Instagram for more frequent postings. What have you all been up to this week? Let me know what recipes you all would like to see in the future. Happy Eating!